Bugfix for queries against RADb/ALTDB

Ulrich Zehl ulrich-listen@topfen.net
Fri Jul 10 14:35:41 CEST 2009

I have recently started using RPSLTool against the RADb and ALTDB, using
whois.radb.net and whois.altdb.net respectively. These servers use a
different error message to report non-existent entries (when compared to
whois.ripe.net), which is not recognized by safe_query(). This leads to
RPSLTool dying instead of simply issuing a warning.

I have attached a patch which fixes this issue.

Note that Net::Whois::RIPE up to and including 1.23 actually hangs when
querying whois.radb.net for non-existent objects, because it, in turen,
also does not understand the error message issued by the server. I have
reported this (with a patch) on CPAN RT as #47769, which will be included
in the next release.